Who's Who Press Releases Training Club Lotto  Members Area
 

Thursday, 04 December 2014

 

 Home
Links
Events
Club History
Contact us
Ladies Football
Club Support
Who is who
Club Lotto

 

 

....................
 


 

The next Committee Meeting takes place in the hall at 8;00pm on Wednesday 24th September 2014


 

....................

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

Club History

Follow Mullabrack GFC down the years from the early 1900's to present day. Click on the relevant links below

Mullbrack in the early 1900's

Mullabrack in the early 1900's

Mullabrack football club was formed in 1903 by local school teacher, James Cotter.  Master Cotter, a native of Cork moved to Markethill with his wife Alice to take up the position of head teacher at the local Catholic school

........More on this story - click here

Mullabrack 1950's and 60's


The Shamrocks team were not active again until the 1950ís when they became known as  UŪ Donnabhain Rossa CLG Mullach Breac, when they registered a team under this name to play in the 1953 season.  Three of the names from the 1930ís reappeared in this year, namely Tommy Cunnigham, Bob McClure and Eddie OíHanlon.

 ........More on this story - click here

 

Mullabrack 1980's - Championship Decade!


The 1980ís were to prove quite fruitful for the club with promotions, tournament wins  and the Junior championship for the first and only time in 1983.

 

In 1980, the club finished second to Ballymacnab in the old division 3B and were duly promoted to Division 3 proper.  In this year Peter McGeown was on the 1977 Ulster Minor panel, which reached the Ulster final, and he transferred from Clady

 ........More on this story - click here
 

 

Mullabrack in the 90's

Although the 1980ís have been the glory years for the Mullabrack club, due in no small measure to a close knit local footballing talent, the 1990ís have, by contrast, seen the club in constant decline. With falling numbers actually playing gaelic football in the Markethill area, it was difficult to keep the club going.  However, due to the tremendous efforts of the various football committees over the last decade, the gaelic football tradition in Mullabrack is still proudly displayed. 

 

........ More on this story - click here

Mullabrack from the year 2000

During 2001 further development work take place on the Ballindarragh pitch when it was drained and shored, with the major part of the cost being borne by a local dedicated supporter of Mullabrack. Lighting was erected for training purposes by a number of the players, Stephen and Phelim Sands, James Lavery and Martin McCooey.

 

....... More on this story - click here

The Tale of Mullabrack Camogie

The first record of camogie in Mullabrack was in the late 1950ís, early 1960ís.  Two local girls Josie Toner and the late Marie McConnell who played for Ballymacnab, at the time.  They decided to try and get a camogie team started in Mullabrack.

...... More on this story - click here
 

 

© 2014 Mullabrack GFC. All rights reserved  [Disclaimer] [Privacy]